The information in this section will provide the basics of what site selectors, prospective businesses, and even existing businesses will need to learn more about locating or growing in Lowndes County, Alabama. In addition to this information, the Lowndes County Economic Development Commission can provide customized reports, statistics, and other information. Contact the Lowndes County EDC at 334-371-8400 for more information.
Economic Development Resources
The following entities can provide economic development information for the state of Alabama.
- Alabama Department of Commerce
- Economic Development Partnership of Alabama (EDPA)
- Alabama Department of Revenue
- Alabama Department of Labor
- Southeast Alabama Gas
- Alabama Power
- Transportation, with access to I-65 (North and South), US Highway 80 (East and West), and two railways
- Ready and Able Workforce
- Employee training programs provided free through state partners
- Skills training through local school system partnerships with community colleges
- Alabama is a Right-to-Work state
- Progressive Governmental Leadership
- Low Taxes